Safety & Security Officer I
Public Safety - Security Operations
Safety & Security Officer I
Job Family Group:
University Support Staff
Job Description Summary:
Work involves monitoring and patrolling campus and its facilities. Assists with parking, performing inspections of closed buildings, and opening and closing areas used by faculty, staff, students and visitors.
$15.45/hour, $32,136 Annual
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
Health, dental, vision, employer paid life, LTD, flexible benefits plan, miscellaneous voluntary plans available, paid vacation and sick (begin accruing upon hire), paid holidays, paid discretionary day, paid bereavement leave, paid jury duty leave, military leave, paid parental leave, retirement plan.
- HS Diploma/GED.
- Must possess a valid, unrestricted driver's license (corrective lenses acceptable)
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Ability to work without constant supervision within a framework of guidelines
- Ability to react quickly and appropriately to emergency and non-emergency situations
- Computer literacy
- Ability to be flexible to work various shifts
- Position may require nighttime, holiday and/or weekend work
- Previous Healthcare Security work experience
- Maintain effective working relationships with public, staff and officials.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Job Duties Outlined:
- 20% - Escorts-Conducts personal escorts and provides transportation for students, faculty, staff, patients and visitors, primarily using a department vehicle. Escorts may be provided by foot during inclement weather or unavailability of vehicles. Person will be escorted to or picked up from Hospital and University and campus locations, residences, parking lots and the garages within prescribed boundaries.
- 20% - PARKING ENFORCEMENT-Enforces State and KUMC parking rules and regulations through issuance of parking citations, verbal or written warnings. Enforces parking garage access. Advises supervisor of parking areas requiring attention or additional signage to improve compliance with parking rules and regulations. Keeps traffic flowing in front of Hospital and University entrances and ensures area is used for the intended purpose of loading and unloading patients.
- 15% - CUSTOMER SERVICE, WORKING RELATIONS AND INTEGRITY-Assists hospital staff in efforts to meet customer needs by: directing and controlling traffic flow, providing directions; providing assistance, including vehicle and safety escorts to patients, visitors, staff and students (e.g. Cambridge Street parking facility, Front of KU Hospital).
- 25% - FIXED POST SECURITY-Patrols areas of responsibility, including Metal Detector operation and other building entrances, constantly looking for unusual activities that may cause harm to individuals or their property. Interacts with co-workers, law enforcement officers & other department personnel and maintains effective working relationships. Adheres to all University and department rules, regulations and policies.
- 5% - MOTORIST ASSISTS-Assists employees, students, staff and visitors with jump starts and tire inflation. Receives proper valid proof of ownership and written release prior to providing the service. Gives directions and aid to visitors and staff on all parking problems on campus. Submits recommendations for improvement of the program.
- 5% - TRAINING & OTHER RELATED DUTIES-Attends and participates in all departmental special assignments and training sessions assigned. Performs other duties as assigned in the manner and time frame specified which include maintenance of parking enforcement devices, providing special parking areas, traffic control, escorts, and other special assignments.
- 5% - COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING-Operates two-way radio equipment in accordance with FCC regulations and departmental policy. Writes and submits clear, concise, legible and timely reports.
- 5% - UNIFORMS & EQUIPMENT-Keeps uniforms, vehicle and equipment clean and in working order per established procedures. Be able to present, upon request, any issued equipment. Maintains and operates vehicles in a safe prudent manner. Reports damage and problems to supervisor immediately.
Pay Rate Type:
To learn more and apply online, please visit https://kumc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/kumc-jobs/job/Kansas-City-Metro-Area/Safety---Security-Officer-I_JR000923 or go to https://careers.kumc.edu/ and search for position number JR000923.
Applications must be submitted directly through the KU Medical Center website to be considered for this position. Any applications submitted via email or this website will NOT be reviewed or considered.
About KU Medical Center:
The University of Kansas Medical Centers mission is to educate exceptional health care professionals through a full range of undergraduate, graduate, professional, postdoctoral and continuing education programs in the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. KU Medical Center also advances the health sciences through world-class research programs; provides compassionate and state-of-the-art patient care in an academic medical center environment; and works with communities in every Kansas county to improve the health of Kansans. Learn more at www.kumc.edu.
KU Medical Center proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package through the state of Kansas, with flexible options designed to meet the diverse needs of our faculty and staff. To learn more about our options for medical, vision, dental and other insurances, as well as our generous time off policies and retirement options, please visit http://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefitsrewards.html.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency