NSCC Facility Security Officer
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 5737
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
How To Apply
Resume, Cover letter and 3-5 References.
Purpose of Position
This position is responsible for physical and non-tangible aspects of the National Industry Security Program (NISP) pertaining to classified information and associated assets. The candidate who fills this position will act as a primary liaison with management and customers regarding security issues to ensure compliance of applicable government regulations.
- To implement and maintain a highly effective security program consistent with all regulatory and federal policies.
- Develop, maintain and evaluate the industrial security program (e.g. National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)) to provide a safe and secure environment to protect employees and university assets and ensuring compliance with the NISP.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the accreditation and inspection of the cleared facility.
- Support the operations of a multi-tenant facility, assisting partners with facility-related security requirements, to include accreditation letters, inspection results, and facility maintenance and modifications.
- Process personnel and visitors through all required Government security vetting procedures, to include assembling, verifying and submitting required documentation to facilitate review for facility and system access.
- Responsible for all aspects of facility security, to include a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) managed by the University.
- Verify clearances using clearance validation applications (e.g., Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), Army Contractor Automated Verification System (ACAVS)) to verify clearance level/access.
- Review SF-86s and submit security packets.
- Initiate Personnel Security Clearance investigations and Periodic Reinvestigations (PR).
- Track employee and candidate security schedules.
- Prepare, maintain, and protect official records auditable by U.S. Government representatives and university personnel.
- Interpret and administer existing policies and develop, document, implement, and communicate revisions to existing policies or new policies, processes, and procedures.
- Assist with accreditation of classified computer systems.
- Prepare, track and monitor classified contracts and DD-254s.
- Ensure all Communications Security (COMSEC) material is controlled and accounted for in accordance with the Sponsors Policy Manual and other COMSEC related security doctrine.
- Maintain and provide support in the technical security disciplines of access control systems, intrusion detection systems, lock and key control systems, and surveillance systems.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive security Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) outlining security policies and guidance
- Provide annual and periodic security training to university personnel.
- Represent the University in external committees and task forces.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 7 years experience as a security professional with at least 5 years as an FSO supporting Department of Defense
- Must be a United States citizen and be eligible to possess an active Top Secret clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility.
- Candidate must have or be willing to take a polygraph.
- JPAS training certificates within the past year or proof of recent access to JPAS.
- Required to respond to all after-hours alarms.
- Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Previous experience in auditing or investigations.
- Knowledge of developing, creating, and enforcing compliance policies, procedures and programs.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution
- Compliance, trade compliance, or export control certification.
- Experience or direct knowledge of institutions of higher education or research institutes.
This is not a Remote or Telework position must be on-site.
Personal computer and standard office equipment.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. The UTSA campus is accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=5737&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency