3D Studio Art Instructor, part-time
Classification Title: Adjunct Teaching
Department: Arts & Media
Rank: Adjunct Instructor
Tenure Information: Non-Tenure Track
Teach a variety of courses in the subject area.
Classes could be at the Palm Desert Campus or one of our sites in Indio, Mecca/Thermal or Palm Springs. Classes may be scheduled during the day, evening or weekends.
Part-time faculty assignments are filled on an as needed basis utilizing this open and ongoing applicant pool. The number of available openings will vary from semester to semester. Candidates selected for the pool will be contacted by the division should a vacancy arise.
- Masters in fine arts, art, or art history OR
bachelors in any of the above AND masters in humanities OR the equivalent.
(NOTE: Masters in fine arts as used here refers to any masters degree in the subject matter of fine arts, which is defined to include visual studio arts such as drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, ceramics, textiles, and metal and jewelry art; and also art education and art therapy. It does not refer to the Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degree when that degree is based on specialization in performing arts or dance, film, video, photography, creative writing, or other non-plastic arts.)
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
If you do not clearly meet the minimum qualifications as they are defined, you must submit an Equivalency Request Form along with your application materials.
Degrees earned outside of the U.S. require that a Additional Foreign Equivalency Information is available by clicking here. be uploaded with the foreign transcripts.
- Knowledge in kiln operations including proper loading, unloading, and operations of kilns.
- Experience teaching ceramic courses.
- Working knowledge of current ceramic techniques.
Salary Range/Rate: Master Degree Lecture Rate - $58.15, Master Degree Lab Rate - $49.43, Doctorate Degree Lecture Rate - $61.20 , Doctorate Degree Lab Rate - $52.02
Salary Detail Information:
Posting Number: 18-530-F
Open Date: 06/21/0018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
References must a minimum of 2 supervisors and 2 current or previous colleagues. Please include name, title, email and current phone numbers.
Applications missing any of the required documents listed will not be considered. The following documents are required at the time of application:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts: Must be from an accredited institution, show name of institution, degree awarded, discipline, and date awarded. Diplomas will not be accepted in lieu of the required transcripts.
EQUIVALENCY REQUESTS & FOREIGN EQUIVALENCY EVALUATIONS:
- If you do not clearly meet the minimum qualifications as they are defined, you MUST submit an Equivalency Request form along with your application materials.
- Degrees earned outside of the U.S. require that a Foreign Equivalency Evaluation be uploaded IN ADDITION TO the foreign transcripts.
- Additional Equivalency Information is available by clicking here.
To apply, visit: https://cod.peopleadmin.com/postings/2672
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency